Lennea M. Cannon
Locations within which I primarily practice: All of Houston and its contiguous counties, including Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Liberty, Chambers, Wharton, and Galveston; however, I will travel to other counties if the need arises.
Lennea M. Cannon was born in El Paso, Texas in 1978 and moved to Houston, Texas in 2001. She attended Texas A & M University where she received her undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Management in 2001. Ms. Cannon received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law in 2004 and was admitted to the State Bar of Texas that same year.
She is also a member of the American Bar Association (Family Law Committee and Civil Litigation Section), Houston Bar Association (Family Law Section Member), Houston Young Lawyers Association, Fort Bend County Bar Association and Fort Bend County Lawyer's Care Program.
Lennea Cannon is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Ms. Cannon devotes her spare time to volunteering and committing to her adoptee little brother through the Houston Area Big Brother Big Sister Organization.
Ms. Cannon practices primarily in the areas of family law, including divorce, adoptions, paternity, child custody modifications, spousal support/ alimony and child support and property enforcement, protective orders, general civil litigation, property law, wills & trusts and probate matters.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Custody Modifications
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Private Adoption
- Step-Parent Adoption
- Interstate Adoption
- Agency Adoption
- Adult Adoption
- Same Sex Adoption
- Adult and child Name Change
- Gestational Agreements/ Surrogacy Agreements
- Parentage Suits/ Paternity
- Spousal Support/ Alimony and Protective Orders
- Enforcement of Property Division
- Enforcement of Possession and Access
- Enforcement of Prior Orders
- Protective Orders
- High Asset Property Division
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Modification of Prior Orders
- Suit to Declare Marriage Void
- General Civil Litigation
- Property Law
- Wills & Trusts and Probate Matters
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2004
- Texas A & M University
- B.B.A. - 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Family Law Committee and Civil Litigation Section), Member
- Fort Bend County Bar Association, Member
- Fort Bend County Lawyer’s Care Program, Member
- Houston Bar Association (Family Law Section Member), Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
Pro Bono Activities
- Houston Area Big Brother Big Sister Organization